The Common Data Set is a questionnaire developed by the College Board, in conjunction with universities and publishers, which standardizes core reporting metrics across U.S. universities.
The Common Data Set provides information on the following topics:
- A. General Information about the University of Arizona
- B. Enrollment and Persistence
- C. First-Time, First-Year (Freshman) Admission
- D. Transfer Admission
- E. Academic Offerings and Policies
- F. Student Life
- G. Annual Expenses - tuition, fees, room and board
- H. Financial Aid
- I. Instructional Faculty and Class Size, Student to Faculty ratio
- J. Undergraduate Degrees Conferred - by area of study
This nationally known survey is a useful tool for prospective students and their parents, as well as a means for universities to easily compare themselves with peer institutions. This questionnaire is used by various publishers as a primary data source for ranking and comparing undergraduate institutions.
Definitions of the terms used in the CDS are at the end of the .pdf files.
The University of Arizona Common Data Set
Common Data Set 2022-2023